As a follow-on to Visiting New Hampshire Museums and Science Centers for Free, I wanted to put this article out to help you get into our local zoos and aquariums at the best possible price! As always, one of the best ways to get into our local zoos and aquariums for free is by taking advantage of the passes offered by your local library. Many public libraries offer passes to their cardholders for use at local zoos and aquariums. Often times you can reserve these passes in advance either in person, via the phone or online. Please check with your local library to see what passes they may offer. I have detailed information on library passes for each of our zoos and aquariums listed below.
If you’re going to frequent a particular zoo or aquarium more than a few times per year then purchasing a Family Membership is another way to cut down on some of the cost. While there is the initial purchase cost of a Membership, it will typically allow for you and your family to enter the or free for a full calendar year (along with other perks like gift shop discounts, invitations to special events and more). Many zoos and aquariums also have reciprocal agreements with local and national organizations. These agreements allow members to be admitted into these other organizations for free or at a significant discount. For example, a Zoo New England Membership offers admission benefits to 130 zoos and aquariums both locally and nationally. Please see below for more information about the Memberships offered by each of our local zoos and aquariums.
Charmingfare Farm, Candia, NH:
- Regular Admission Prices: $17 per person for admission and unlimited rides. Children under 23 months are admitted for free.
- Charmingfare Farm Membership: Farm Membership is $17 per month for the card holder and up to three guests. There is an additional $39 enrollment fee. Members will receive free admittance for the membership card holder and up to three guests from May through the end of September. Benefits also include early bird morning admittance during the months of July and August, VIP tours, and exclusive members only events and programs.
New England Aquarium, Boston, MA:
- Regular Admission Prices: Adults – $22.95; Children Ages 3-11 – $15.95; Seniors (60+) – $20.95; Children Under 3 are always free.
- Library Pass Program: Participating libraries can check out a pass to you for use at the New England Aquarium. This pass admits up to four people for $10 per person.
- Museum Membership: Memberships begin at $85 and benefits include free admission for one year, invitations to special events and more.
Seacoast Science Center, Rye, NH:
- Regular Admission Prices: Adults – $5; Children 3-12 – $2; Under the Age of 3 is FREE (Note: SSC Admission does not include required Odiorne Point State Park Fee, charged Memorial Day-Labor Day. Odiorne State Park Admission is as follows: Adults – $4; Children 6-12 – $2; Children Under 6 are FREE; NH Residents, 65+ FREE)
- Blue Star Program: The Seacoast Science Center participates in the Blue Star Program. This program provides FREE admission for Active Duty Military (including Reservists) and up to five family members to participating museums and other venues throughout the country from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Special Events: 1. Additionally, Music By The Sea Concert goers can tour the Science Center for free during the events. The Music By The Sea Concerts will be held on July 11th, July 18th, July 25th and August 1st. (Note: While you can tour the Science Center for free during the concerts, you will have to purchase a ticket for the concert. Concert ticket prices are $10 for Age 13 and Older and $2 for Children ages 3-12. Children under 3 are free.) 2. On September 20th admission is free for registered participants of BioBlitz, a dawn to dusk nature scavenger hunt to find and identify as many different species in Odiorne Point State Park as possible.
- Library Pass Program: Participating Libraries can check out a pass to you for use at the Seacoast Science Center. This pass admits 2 adults plus the children accompanying them for free.
- Museum Membership: Family memberships begin at $70. Family membership benefits include admission for two adults and their accompanying children under the age of 18 and discounts on programs and birthday parties.
- Regular Admission Prices: Adults – $20; Children Ages 3-12 – $15; Seniors over the Age of 62 – $15
- Family Fun Pack: To save money on general admission, you can purchase a Family Fun Pack of 12 or 16 tickets, reducing the ticket costs to $13 and $12.50 per person, respectively.
- Web Coupon: Please visit the site linked here for a $2 off coupon per admission.
- Military Discount: Any active service person will receive FREE general admission. Veterans, dependents and immediate family of those in the military receive 1/2 priced general admission.
- Zoo Membership: Earth Limited, a non-profit organization located at Southwick’s Zoo offers memberships. Earth Members receive unlimited free admission to Southwick’s Zoo for a full year and a 10% discount at the Purple Peacock Gift Shop. Family memberships begin at $114.
Zoo New England (The Stone Zoo and The Franklin Park Zoo):Regular Admission Prices at the Franklin Park Zoo: Adults – $17.95; Children Ages 2-12 – $11.95; Seniors (62+) – $14.95; Children under the age of 2 are free.
- Regular Admission Prices at the Stone Zoo: Adults – $8.95; Children Ages 2-12 – $6.95; Seniors (62+) – $7.95; Children under the age of 2 are free.
- Half-Price Admission on Black Friday: The Frankin Park Zoo and Stone Zoo will offer half price admission on Friday, November 28th.
- Kids Priced Saturdays: All guests will be charged the children’s admission price on the first Saturday of every month from 10:00am-12:00pm.
- Military Discount: All active military personnel and their immediate family members can receive a 50% discount on general admission.
- Library Pass Program: Participating libraries can check out a pass to you for use at The Stone Zoo and the Franklin Park Zoo. This pass admits up to 6 people into Zoo New England for $6 per adult and $4 per child.
- Zoo Membership: Family Memberships begin at $110 and admit 2 adults and up to 4 children to both the Franklin Park and Stone Zoos for free for one year. Other membership benefits include a 10% discount in all Zoo gift and food shops, discounted admissions to seasonal exhibits and educational programs and invitations to members-only events and programs.
Thanks for sharin
Great site. You guys rock!!