We’re counting down the top 10 reasons you won’t want to miss a moment of Mikko Nissinen’s The Nutcracker this season.
The Bling–who can beat costumes encrusted with over 200,000 jewels?
The best part of winter, without the cold and wet.
Feeling like a child again, watching your dreams come to life.
Visions of Sugar Plums actually dancing…on stage…while you’re awake.
Watching the Doll break it down (like a robot).
Made in Mass – Hand-painted sets, made right here on the South Shore.
Getting dressed up in your holiday best with your family and friends.
Partying like (the) Dickens.
Oh the drama – that moment when The Sugar Plum Fairy and The Nutcracker Prince take the stage.
Creating a holiday memory that will last a lifetime.
10. Photo by Lauren Pajer
9. Lia Cirio and Lasha Khozashvili in The Nutcracker by Gene Schiavone
8. The Nutcracker by Rosalie O’Connor
7. Lia Cirio and Lasha Khozashvili in The Nutcracker by Liza Voll
6. Diana Albrecht in The Nutcracker by Gene Schiavone
5. Set design by Robert Perdziola
4. Nutcracker Magic by JRDN Photography
3. Boston Ballet in The Nutcracker by Gene Schiavone
2. Misa Kuranaga and Jeffrey Cirio in The Nutcracker by Gene Schiavone
1. Boston Ballet in The Nutcracker by Rosalie O’Connor