Three different game modes feature a twist on traditional platforming:
- Clouds, which fade or emit lightning;
- Musical platforms, which must be precisely timed in sync with the beat, and;
- Gravity barriers, which flip the player and the world upside down.
Playable characters for the Play Set include Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. Each figure comes with special powers to combat swamp creatures and other nightmare beasts:
- Joy – A ray of lighthearted, optimistic sunshine that brings cheer to every adventure. She can glide across gaps the others can’t overcome.
- Fear – Frightful bundle of nerves is the fastest runner. He can cross bridges and platforms before they collapse.
- Anger – Hot-headed powerhouse can cross beds of hot lava with ease.
- Disgust – Always disgusted, she repels off the clouds letting her jump higher than anyone.
- Sadness – Worrisome friend turns waves of sadness into melancholy fun, and can travel on clouds without them fading beneath her.
In addition to the video, the new asset pack includes images and action screenshots showing the characters in the Play Set.
All figures will be also playable in the newly enhanced Toy Box 3.0, along with all characters previously released for Disney Infinity. Players will be able to use these figures, plus hundreds of Star Wars, Marvel and Disney-themed items, locations, props and vehicles to create new adventures in customized worlds.
Additional figures and Play Sets will be announced in the coming months. Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition is being developed by Avalanche Software in partnership with Ninja Theory, Sumo Digital, Studio Gobo and United Front Games. The game is rated E10+ by the ESRB and will be available this fall.