When it comes to tattoo machines, there are numerous brands available in the market. Each brand offers unique features and benefits that cater to different needs and preferences. In this article, we will explore some of the best tattoo machine brands and discuss what professionals use, the cost of professional tattoo machines, the best tattoo starter kit for beginners, and various other factors to consider when buying a tattoo gun.
Tattoo Machine Brands
- Cheyenne HAWK PEN
- Shuba-K Custom Tattoo Machines
- Workhorse Irons
- Machinist Tattoo Machines for beginners
- VladBlad Tattoo Guns
- Dragonfly InkMachines
- On A Mission Machines
- Eicon Tattoo Power Supply
What Tattoo Machines do Professionals Use?
Professionals often rely on the following tattoo machines:
- Workhorse Irons Ghost Dog Shader Hybrid
- Micky Sharpz Brass Hybrid Tattoo Machine
- HM Tattoo Machines Mini Dietzel Powerliner
- Bishop Big Sleeps X
- Vladblad Irons
- FK Irons Spektra Edge X
- Cheyenne Hawk Pen
- Infinite Irons Roller Rotary
Cost of Professional Tattoo Machines
The average cost of a professional tattoo machine ranges from $400 to $900. This cost does not include other tattoo supplies. It is important to invest in a high-quality tattoo gun to ensure excellent results.
Best Tattoo Starter Kit to Buy
For beginners, some of the best tattoo starter kits are:
- Dragonhawk Complete Tattoo Kit 2 Machine Gun: Smooth and Consistent Lining
- ITATOO Complete Beginner Tattoo Kit: Long-lasting and Clean Colors
- Solong Tattoo Complete Starter Tattoo Kit: Great Budget Kit
- Dragonhawk Complete Tattoo Kit 2pcs Coil Tattoo Machine: Stable Inking Kit
Is Dragonhawk a Good Tattoo Brand?
According to customers, Dragonhawk is a fantastic brand with excellent customer service. Their tattoo machines work great and provide good value for the price. Customers also appreciate the quality of their ink. Dragonhawk is highly recommended for those looking for a low-budget tattoo machine to practice with.
Rotary Tattoo Machines vs. Coil Machines
Rotary tattoo machines have needles that move slightly faster than coil machines, making them ideal for consistent color work. Smaller needle groupings produce the best results with rotary machines.
Proper Technique for Tattooing
When tattooing, it is important to use proper technique:
- Move forward with your liner, pushing the needle against the back of the tube.
- Run your line in a smooth motion, avoiding side-to-side movements.
Do Rotary Tattoo Machines Hurt More?
No, rotary tattoo machines do not hurt less compared to coil machines. The pain experienced during a tattoo session is not related to the machine. However, rotary machines produce less sound, which may create the perception of a less painful experience.
What is a Good Tattoo Gun for Beginners?
Some recommended tattoo machines for beginners are:
- Dragonhawk Mast Pen
- FK Irons Spektra Direkt 2
- Solong Tattoo Complete Starter Kit 1 Pro Machine Guns
- Stigma Complete Rotary Tattoo Kit
- Wormhole Complete Tattoo Kit
- Pirate Face Grinder Tattoo Kit
- Rehab Ink Complete Tattoo Kit
- Dragonhawk Essence Kit
Factors to Consider when Buying a Tattoo Gun
When purchasing a tattoo gun, consider the following factors:
- Compatibility with the power supply
- Quality and durability of the machine
- Additional supplies needed such as grommets, O-rings, barrier bags, and rubber bands
In conclusion, choosing the right tattoo machine brand depends on individual preferences and needs. Professionals often rely on established brands, while beginners can find suitable options in starter kits. It is essential to consider factors such as cost, quality, and compatibility when purchasing a tattoo gun. With the right machine, artists can create stunning tattoos and achieve their desired results.